The Helios Freeletics workout routine is a long and intensive workout routine that tones your muscles while also improving your cardiovascular threshold. It consists of two rounds of 100 burpees, 125 lunges, 150 climbers, spaced with a set of 125 sit-ups. After performing the sit-ups, the rounds are then performed in reverse, i.e; 150 climbers, 125 lunges and finally 100 burpees.
For experienced freeletics enthusiasts, the burpees will not pose a problem. However, the lunges can be a bit terrifying, but splitting them into sets makes them a bit manageable. The situps are quite beneficial for raw abs, once you are through with them, your body will feel very exhausted. Your body will drag through the second part with the final burpees being hell.
Step By Step Process
The burpees are generally the same as with other routines which involve a squat then breaking into a single push-up.
- In an upright posture and your feet apart, perform a squat and hinge on the hips before the knees bend.
- At the lowest point of the squat, hold the floor and straighten your legs to get into a push-up posture.
- Lower your body towards the floor to perform one push-up. Raise your body and spring up back to the original position.
You can optionally clap your hands above your head. The lunges can be quite intimidating for the unwilling spirit. Lunges help in strengthening your arms, legs and trunk. It can act as both a strength and cardiovascular enhancing regimen. To perform excellent lunges, use a mirror to ensure that your body is in a straight posture.
- In an upright posture with your legs shoulder width apart, hold your hips and and flex the muscles of your torso.
- With your back straight, move one leg half a meter forward and slightly lift the foot of the remaining leg, taking care not to lift the toes of the floor.
- Bend both knees at the same time to a 90 degree angle. Lift up your body and repeat the procedure with the other leg.
For the climbers, set your body in a plank position. Step one leg forward while keeping the other one straight. Alternate this movement for the appropriate number of times.
It is important to ensure that your back is held up straight while performing the sit ups. Since they will be your form of rest in between the routine, it is important not to rush them, do not also be sluggish when going about it.