Venus Freeletics routine caters hardcore trainers who will find this routine rather soft compared to other strength and cardiovascular workouts. The essence of Venus routine is to steadily increase strength out of your body using your upper body, core, and glutes.
Freeletics Venus Workout Video
The Standard Freeletics Venus Routine:
- 50 Pushups
- 20 Situps
- 50 Squats
Endurance routine will be replaced with knee pushups, crunches, and HH squats. If you have difficulty with standard version, do the endurance one instead! Make sure you have a fitness mat or towel for your knees.
Your body’s initial energy may make the first round a walk in the park, but once you hit the third and fourth rounds, your muscles will be screaming for a break.
The squats should act as a buffer before new round of pushups. Avoid taking a break and instead focus on your form and pace so you can control your heartbeat some and go hard at the top of the set.
Tips When Starting the Venus Workout
- Ensure that your body is inclined in a straight plane with a tight core to perform the pushups correctly.
- Pushups are not regular, you MUST touch the floor with your chest and your hands need to come off the ground!
- Use your abs and glute muscles to maintain the stiff inclined posture.
- Modify the pushup variations to lighten your load in case you find the full pushups difficult.
Jackknife situps are designed to challenge the fittest of athletes. Unlike regular situps, this exercies requires your arms and legs to essentially meet near the middle of your torso, above the ground. If your hands touch your feet, this will complete one cycle.
- Begin with your hands clasped above your head and maintain a straight posture on the floor.
- Lift up both the upper and lower parts of your body to form a V shape.
- Straighten up to get back to the original position.
- Lower your body in a sitting motion and rise up as soon as your knees go beyond your toes.
- Stay focused, it’s easy to fall over or stop if you are not focused.
Although it is a relatively soft routine, the Venus workout should not be underestimated, remember, repetition causes muscle fatigue.